A-lehdet is a Finnish media company that publishes magazines, which cover all fields of life from house repairs and decoration to cooking, free-time activities and well-being. A-lehdet is one of the largest magazine houses in Finland.
Lily.fi is a blog portal and social media community for active women owned by A-lehdet. Lily’s areas of subject are fashion, beauty, home, wellness and travel. Lily's content is made by professional journalists and over 6000 bloggers – both readers and advertisers together. Lily.fi website has approx. 170 000 weekly visitors.
- A-lehdet started Lily.fi-web channel as a part of the multi panel, during autumn 2013
- Every blog has its own target group. Understanding different needs and interests plays a key role.
- The objective was quantify the role and effects of web and content marketing as part of campaign results, eg. concerning recommendations / testimonials.
- Another goal was to improve the reliability of measuring the web audience (reaching the target group that has actually exposed to the content / advertising).
A-lehdet started using the online audience tracking tool RAM Inviso in the autumn of 2013. Inviso was used for mapping the characteristic / demographics of different target groups reading Lily's blogs. Simultaneously, an easy and reliable way of measuring display advertisements was created.
- Inviso was used to measure the readers' interests of the most popular blogs and to find out how many people have been exposed to advertising over the selected time span. This enabled to target the advertising post-measurements exactly to the target audience, which had been exposed to advertising during the campaign.
- The post-tests directed to the exposed (content marketing and display) yielded information of how much more Lily has increased the effectiveness and reach of different campaigns.
- Inviso measurement results provided valuable information about readers' interests, commitment, referral and willingness to purchase.
- The study also provided information about the time of day when the target group can best be reached, and how many times different target groups have been exposed to advertising (frequency).
- Example: A cosmetic advertiser had campaign, that consisted of print and display advertising and native advertising with some of the popular bloggers. Inviso and ad measurements were used to study the effectiveness and recommendations together with how much web has brought additional value to campaign results.
Case: Strengthening the image of an advertiser in cosmetics industry
Goal: To strengthen the image, to create some buzz and emotion around the brand
Target Group: women 30-54 years
How? Test group, print and online campaign, newsletter, blog cooperation
- RAM Inviso measurement was used to monitor the visitors exposed to advertising at Lily website, which was followed by ad survey. Total number of exposures was 503 000, reach (exposed to advertisement) was 61 400 and 27 600 noticed the ad (ad recall 45%).
- After Lily's ad measurements, the results were combined with print measurement results to get the reach of the campaign and the additional activation score to whole campaign brought by Lily.
- Of those who had seen the campaign in print or web, 21-44 % was willing to recommend a product.
- Those who had seen the ad both in print and web, even 88 % were willing to recommend a product
- Consumers who saw the ad both in magazine and online, got a clearer picture of the brand
- The results confirmed that each channel has its own important role in the successful multi-media campaign.